Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two years down

I cannot tell you how odd this spring has been. I feel like whenever something chaotic happens it's always a few things at once. I have been digging my way to the bottom of the inspiration well so it's that time of year to make a new list of goals to move to the next level of my career.

It has been two years since I graduated and I feel like I have jumped to a better state of mind and style for my work. Of coarse there are many things I need to work on. Starting at the end of this month I will be meeting with a regional critique group that meets at the providence library every monday night. (Hopefully I can make a post in a month or so about what we discuss!) Aside from the cover letters and post cards, I promise I will try my very best to fix some of my spelling and grammar. Its almost ironic that I happened to choose an art field where writing is just as important as the art. YA books have also been a big interest for me. Another goal is to make a reading list of popular series out. I need to get a better idea of whats out there in that age group to help me begin my book cover illustrations. So...now that you heard my little rant here's some eye candy to look foreword too. I remade an illustration done two years from this month. Its more of a study to see how different it would look. For next week...well you should already know what that topic will be!

Lastly, I feel like I should say rest in peace Maurice Sendak. I will always remember you for your work and accomplishments in the children book community.


No comments:

Post a Comment