Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blogging

I thought for today's post it would be a good idea to explain why it's important to post. It's always easy to start out posting on the same day for a few weeks straight but it's keeping up with it thats difficult. Sometimes I really want to just skip a week but I know that if I do i'll skip the following week. So for those "blah weeks" (Like today) I'll show work used as practice for current projects. It's really important to keep on top of freelancing even if it is just a sketch or color study. Every bit helps. I feel like there's just so much that I want to accomplish but without something pushing me ahead it's really difficult to finish anything. So think of your blog as a homework assignment. I also think it's very interesting to see an illustrators progress or progression.

In the next week or so I will convert back to collage for a bit while working on my latest children book. (For any illustrators/designers interested I would like to make another series of portraits! So just message me a photo if you feel compelled). I guess I got a little distracted again...well today enjoy these paintings of bedrooms I made up real quick. Im trying to avoid painting food for a bit because it was becoming too comfortable. The sketchs below are of my newest character as seen at the side of this blog (Gracie). Hopefully by next week I can also make my blog a bit more summer cheerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment